The is one of my favorite healthy recipes for a cozy fall day because not only do they taste amazing, but they will also fill your home with the delicious smells of banana bread, cinnamon spice and apple pie! (Yes, Please!)
It's a 21-Day Fix Approved recipe from Autumn Calabrese's cookbook FIXATE. For those following the program, it translates to 1 purple and 1 blue container per muffin. Please leave a comment below on any additions or suggestions you used when baking your own at home! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare 9 muffin cups by lining them or coating them with a spray.
- Combine 2 large beaten eggs, 1 cup of mashed ripe bananas, and 1 Tbsp of melted grass-fed butter. Mix the ingredients well and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of almond flour 3/4 tsp. baking soda, and 1 dash of sea salt. Next, you want to add this almond flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend well.
- Once the ingredients are blended, fold in 1/2 cup of finely chopped apple (about 3/4 of a medium apple). I decided to add 1 tsp of cinnamon for added flavor, but that's up to you :)
- Divide the batter evenly between the 9 muffin tins and bake for 16-18 minutes or until they are golden brown and pass the toothpick-test. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
- Once they've cooled down find a good book, pour a cup of tea and enjoy!
Nutritional Info (per serving/muffin)
Cal: 161, Total Fat: 12g, Sat Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 45mg, Sodium: 157mg, Carbs: 11g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 4g, and Protein: 6g